Hi all freaks!
We’ve got a new animal in our very own personal zoo: Flipper! < -- Check it, it's fun!
And here is the last pic you took of it:
As you can see it’s a Dolphin (yeah, I know you guessed by the name, smartass!) and is here to help you and play with you. Flipper does already include all the features we want in the Fonera 2.0 (for now :D). Here is the list of the new features compared to old good Platero:
- Facebook Uploader: wanna share the pics of the weekend with all your mates? Put them in a pendrive, “facebook” folder and plug it in the Fonera 2.0. Everybody will see you drunk! (No, no, calm down. All the pics and videos are always uploaded in PRIVATE mode :D)
- Flickr Uploader and Picasa Uploader were already added in the Release Candidates.
- Install new versions from the Applications menu! From now on, a single click will separate your Fonera 2.0 from the next firmware… no need to visit blog.fonosfera.org anymore :( But please, come back or we will be sad!
- Nintendo DS works.
- Freed space for more plugins! We now have 1,5MB instead of 1,19MB
- Samba and FONBackup have a separated firewall option.
- Fixed IE visualization of the Wizard (yes, IE users, now it works… dunno why we fixed it though, lol).
- Fixed Torrent crashing problem with files that have many seeds.
- Torrent downloader now lets you chose the port and will be automatically opened on the firewall.
- The partitions on multi-partition disks can be now labeled as well.
- Polish has been added (thanks Łukasz!).
- You can now assign static DHCP leases and domain names inside your local network.
- 3G connectivity reworked: a long list of providers is preloaded so you need not to configure any value.
- And many more things… if you’re interested, check previous posts. I’m not writing all we did again :D
Bugs: yeah… as always. We will fix them, please report them!
Once again, and after having released the HW to the public, thanks to all involved! Martin, Jordi, John, Pablo, Javi, Steven, Alex etc etc etc etc etc etc etc (yeah, lots of people :D)
- Web Interface image: DEVELOPER Version (includes ssh access)
- Web Interface image: ENDUSER Version (without ssh access)
- Firmware image: DEVELOPER Version (includes ssh access) – md5sum bf12bbd3a006ff6f22fec6cdeb69a15f
- Firmware image: ENDUSER Version (without ssh access) – md5sum 1ad43c52cff0595c951af010421946f2