After lots and lots and lots of impatient requests to make the plugin to switch from ENDUSER mode to DEVELOPER mode, it is now available on the “Applications” menu of your Fonera 2.0. Yes I put it there… one by one… I got into your houses and hacked your foneras!!! muahahahaha!!!!
What does this plugin do? It will basically change one configuration file (/etc/config/registered) so the “dev” option is changed from 0 to 1. That is all. Simple huh?
The effect is nice…
- the interface color will change,
- the ssh access will be available after 2 reboots (don’t ask why…)
There’s one more thing the plugin will do (please don’t be paranoid): it will connect to fon.com and tell us your MAC address. Why? Because we want to know how many people switched to developer mode. We promise not to tell anybody what you did, ok? Actually we’re not even storing this info in a database, but a simple log.
What are we working on?
- New torrent application -> we hope it will fix the issues we’re having now
- Fix RapidShare bug: some files could not be downloaded. It’ fixed and will be pushed in the next upgrade.
- Improved audio plugin to listen to shoutcast streams… etc.