After a looooooong time of silence (forced silence… we were working, not playing XD) We’re coming with great news for you. The 126.96.36.199 version of the firmware will be soon available for your foneras 2.0g!!
No, we haven’t forgot or let down our loyal fonera 2.0g users. We want to make them as happy as possible and we’re doing 2 things for them:
1) Improve the firmware as much as possible. This 188.8.131.52 has all the improvements we’ve developed during these months. The Fonera 2.0g will have as much as possible the same firmware as the Fonera 2.0n.
2) Give discounts for those who are willing to upgrade their 2.0g to 2.0n. We know you spent money on the 2.0g and now we have a new device that is more powerful (and also more expensive). This is not common in all companies, but hey, we try to make you happy, you help us with the feedback too, after all. So we have announced great discounts (we mean great, not small) for those who have bought a Fonera 2.0g and are willing to upgrade it! Please stay tuned to your mail!
- The web interface over WAN has been moved to port 443 for security
- Transmission has been integrated into the FON WebUI. You can still access it in the traditional way!
- Added QoS support!! Make sure you set realistic up and download values of your line on the configuration. Otherwise it doesn’t work…
- Twitter!!! Yes, your fonera will tell you when it has finished uploading videos or someone connects to your signal and much more! (Not available for Torrents yet, sorry)
So, what is the bugfix list for this RC1? Here it goes (hold to your chair):
- Optional Manual DNS server on DHCP mode.
- Pop up to prevent unwilling reset/rebooting on the systems menu.
- ALL configurations are saved now from upgrade to upgrade (except for firewall, coming in the next!).
- Sending files to the correct folder over samba triggers the upload to the corresponding service.
- Samba works fine now on Windows XP.
- NTFS is handled slightly better now. Actions won’t happen till the disk is properly mounted (source of many bugs).
- More robust upload management.
- Filenames starting with ‘.’ are ignored by the service uploades (picasa, flickr etc). Good for Macs ;)
- Both \\fonera\Media and \\fonera\disc-a1 work now (better use the first)
- Many, many, many, many more bug fixing. All boring and internal, but will improve the overall experience!
Please, test it and report back. We are only looking for compatibility bugs.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* This is a Release Candidate. It is not an stable firmware. Most of the things should work fine and it’s probably safe to install. But if you are not very skillful or feel not confident about it… please wait for the release or until you read enough feedback from other users. We are happy to help everybody with any problems they experience but sometimes are overloaded of work… ;)
*ANOTHER ONE* After upgrading, the torrent application might be broken. This is due to changes in the very interior of the fonera. The way to fix it is to remove the “FoneraApps” from the disc where it is installed and reinstall.
Web upgrade image (do NOT uncompress):
RedBoot / Ssh upgrade image: